Click here to see Horticultural Society events by year
Monday April 15th Scentsational gardening Caroline Halfpenny
Also Tulip Mini Show (doors open 6.30pm)
Membership fees are £5 per person, £8 per couple. This allows you to purchase items from the Hut.
The objective is to promote better growing and understanding of all horticultural facets, whilst offering a very good social outlook, with three open shows per year which includes floral art, homecraft, handicraft, as well as flora, flower, fruit, vegetables, potted plants and hanging baskets.
All newcomers are most welcome - no expertise necessary!!
We meet on the third Monday of the month at the Village Hall where you can be entertained by interesting speakers, enjoy a cup of tea and the privilege of using our horticulture shop for your gardening requirements.
This year there will again be TWO mini shows in March and April (no Spring Show). Instead of the all day
show we are trying to encourage local people to bring any daffodils to the March evening meeting and any
tulips to the April evening meeting. These are judged just for the fun of it with no entry fees or any prize money being given.
Non-members can get a full Schedule for all the Shows for just £2.
- 21st January
- 18th February
- 22nd February
- 18th March
- 15th April
- 20th May
- 7th June
- 8th June
- 17th June
- 8th or 15th July
- 13th September
- 14th September
- 16th September
- 21st October
- 18th November
- Andrew Babicz. “The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh”
- David Gillan. Daffodils – show hints and tips
- Inter Society Quiz. Rettenden Horticultural Society
- Darren Lerigo. What do I do with this space?
- Also Daffodil Mini Show (doors open 6pm)
- Caroline Halfpenny. Scentsational gardening
- Also Tulip Mini Show (doors open 6pm)
- Louise Nicholls. Organic gardening
- Setting up for the Summer Show
- Society Summer Show (see Schedule)
- Neil Sumner Mill Meadows: history & importance as a nature reserve
- Garden visit. Coach trip to Wisley
- Setting up for the Autumn Show
- Society Autumn Show. 9am - 3.30pm. See Schedule
- To be confirmed
- Caroline Halfpenny. Monet’s garden
- Annual General Meeting and presentation of trophies
followed by light refreshments
The hut is open from 7pm to 7.45pm on Monthly meeting evenings. It supplies many useful products and there are always people on hand to give you advice.