Saturday September 8th Setting up for the Society Autumn Show at the Village Hall.
Saturday September 9th Society Autumn Show at the Village Hall. Click here to see the Schedule.
Saturday September 9th My garden changes Heather Russell. Click here for more details.
Monday September 18th My life with flowers Irene Bowkett
Membership fees are £5 per person, £8 per couple. This allows you to purchase items from the Hut.
The objective is to promote better growing and understanding of all horticultural facets, whilst offering a very good social outlook, with three open shows per year which includes floral art, homecraft, handicraft, as well as flora, flower, fruit, vegetables, potted plants and hanging baskets.
All newcomers are most welcome - no expertise necessary!!
We meet on the third Monday of the month at the Village Hall where you can be entertained by interesting speakers, enjoy a cup of tea and the privilege of using our horticulture shop for your gardening requirements.
This year there will again be TWO mini shows in March and April (no Spring Show). Instead of the all day
show we are trying to encourage local people to bring any daffodils to the March evening meeting and any
tulips to the April evening meeting. These are judged just for the fun of it with no entry fees or any prize money being given.
Non-members can get a full Schedule for all the Shows for just £2.
- 16th January
- 20th February
- 25th February
- 5th March
- 20th March
- 2nd April
- 21st April
- 15th May
- 9th June
- 10th June
- 19th June
- 2nd July
- 17th July
- 8th September
- 9th September
- 18th September
- 7th October
- 16th October
- 29th October
- 20th November
- Michael Abel. Growing vegetables
- Olive Baldwin and Thelma Wilson. History of Miss Wilmott's garden and plans for the future
- Inter Society Quiz. Laindon Community Centre, Laindon
- Trading Hut opens. Each Sunday 10am-12 noon until end October
- Julia Tetley. How plants move
- Also Daffodil Mini Show (doors open 6.30pm)
- Society event. Afternoon tea with music. Click here for details
- Bob Clark. Hanging baskets and containers
- Also Tulip Mini Show (doors open 6.30pm)
- Paul Harrison. Anyone for vertiginous gardening?
- Setting up for the Summer Show
- Society Summer Show (see Schedule)
- Garden visit.
- Society event. Open garden & cream tea.
Click here for details
- Joan Wright Hints for success in exhibiting home crafts
- Setting up for the Autumn Show
- Society Autumn Show. 9am - 3.30pm. See Schedule
- Irene Bowkett. My life with flowers
- Village Hall Charity. Beetle Drive
- Maike Windhorst. Amateur grapevine growing in Essex
- Trading Hut closes
- Annual General Meeting and presentation of trophies
followed by light refreshments
The hut is open every Sunday morning from 10:00am until 12:00pm during the summer months (March
to October). It supplies many useful products and there are always people on hand to give you advice.
Pop in and see what we have to offer.