Monday June 18th Garden visit. 3pm to 5.30pm at Carol & Tom Dines garden
Sunday July 8th Tea and cakes with Marie Lloyd. 2.30pm at the Village Hall
Membership fees are £5 per person, £8 per couple. This allows you to purchase items from the Hut.
The objective is to promote better growing and understanding of all horticultural facets, whilst offering a very good social outlook, with three open shows per year which includes floral art, homecraft, handicraft, as well as flora, flower, fruit, vegetables, potted plants and hanging baskets.
All newcomers are most welcome - no expertise necessary!!
We meet on the third Monday of the month at the Village Hall where you can be entertained by interesting speakers, enjoy a cup of tea and the privilege of using our horticulture shop for your gardening requirements.
This year there will again be TWO mini shows in March and April (no Spring Show). Instead of the all day
show we are trying to encourage local people to bring any daffodils to the March evening meeting and any
tulips to the April evening meeting. These are judged just for the fun of it with no entry fees or any prize money being given.
Non-members can get a full Schedule for all the Shows for just £2.
- 15th January
- 19th February
- 24th February
- 19th March
- 16th April
- 21st May
- 1st June
- 2nd June
- 18th June
- 8th July
- 16th July
- 7th September
- 8th September
- 17th September
- 15th October
- 19th November
- Chris Honeyman. Bee keeping
- Linda & Neil Holdaway. 90 years history of the NGS and gardens open in Essex
- Inter Society Quiz. Runwell Horticultural Society
- Darren Lerigo. What do I do with this space?
- Also Daffodil Mini Show (doors open 6pm)
- Mario. Bonsai
- Also Tulip Mini Show (doors open 6pm)
- Bill Butcher. Story of the creation of gardens at Bressingham
- Setting up for the Summer Show
- Society Summer Show (see Schedule)
- Garden visit. Open garden at Carol & Tom Dines' garden.
Click here for details
- Society event. 'Tea and cakes with Marie Lloyd' at the Village Hall
Click here for full details
- Caroline Halfpenny Sweet peas and cut flowers
- Setting up for the Autumn Show
- Society Autumn Show. 9am - 3.30pm. See Schedule
- Nick Dobson. Dazzling Dahlias
- Caroline Halfpenny. The Inca Trail
- Annual General Meeting and presentation of trophies
followed by light refreshments
The hut is open from 7pm to 7.45pm on Monthly meeting evenings. It supplies many useful products and there are always people on hand to give you advice.